What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)
1. I no longer need to purchase every business teleseminar that is being offered. Especially when I never have time to listen to them so they pile up on my hard drive like internet roadkill. In fact, i no longer wish to purchase any teleseminar or audio class as that style of learning just doesn’t suit me.
2. I no longer wish to view my body as defective. It works, it’s fairly healthy and it’s only got 37 years on the clock — no need for an upgrade just yet.
3. I no longer need to doubt that love will find me again. Even though i have no evidence to the contrary, I know that my current attitude is keeping cupid away (as is my work load.)
4. I no longer wish to be a non-driver. It’s getting embarrassing now, not to mention inconvenient. 2011 will be the year I pass my test.
5. I no longer need to define myself by my grief story. It is a key part of why I’m doing what I’m doing, and why I know what I know, but it’s no longer the only story I have. There is so much more to me now.
6. I no longer need to feel guilty when I eat chocolate. I am not six years old. I am a grown woman and can eat what the hell i like, when I like.
7. I no longer need to worry about not shaving my legs, because really — who cares?
8. I no longer need to say yes to every request made of me. It’s okay to say no once in a while.
9. I no longer need to listen to the voice that tells me nothing I do is ever good enough.
10. I no longer need to call myself an ex-smoker — I am now a non-smoker. It’s been two years (two years!)
11. I no longer want to be not writing poetry. 2011 will be the year of the Polaroid poem.