December 11. 11 Things
What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)
1. I no longer need to purchase every business teleseminar that is being offered. Especially when I never have time to listen to them so they pile up on my hard drive like internet roadkill. In fact, i no longer wish to purchase any teleseminar or audio class as that style of learning just doesn’t suit me.
2. I no longer wish to view my body as defective. It works, it’s fairly healthy and it’s only got 37 years on the clock — no need for an upgrade just yet.
3. I no longer need to doubt that love will find me again. Even though i have no evidence to the contrary, I know that my current attitude is keeping cupid away (as is my work load.)
4. I no longer wish to be a non-driver. It’s getting embarrassing now, not to mention inconvenient. 2011 will be the year I pass my test.
5. I no longer need to define myself by my grief story. It is a key part of why I’m doing what I’m doing, and why I know what I know, but it’s no longer the only story I have. There is so much more to me now.
6. I no longer need to feel guilty when I eat chocolate. I am not six years old. I am a grown woman and can eat what the hell i like, when I like.
7. I no longer need to worry about not shaving my legs, because really — who cares?
8. I no longer need to say yes to every request made of me. It’s okay to say no once in a while.
9. I no longer need to listen to the voice that tells me nothing I do is ever good enough.
10. I no longer need to call myself an ex-smoker — I am now a non-smoker. It’s been two years (two years!)
11. I no longer want to be not writing poetry. 2011 will be the year of the Polaroid poem.